The New Honda Civic Concept Unveiled
While we’re big fans of the 2015 Honda Civic here at Bosak Honda Michigan City, we are quite excited about the new Honda Civic concept that was unveiled at the 2015 New York Auto Show. Of course, as Civic fans, we’ve been waiting for this news for some time: the Civic Type-R is coming to the American market. That’s just one part of the announcement, though, and we have the full rundown of the new Honda Civic concept car for you.
What’s Coming Next for the Civic?
When Honda revealed the new concept car, it was announced that this would be the kickoff to the tenth generation of the famous small car and that some exciting new changes would be coming, including:
- Turbocharged Engines: Honda’s new Civic will be the first vehicle in the lineup to receive the new turbocharged VTEC engines.
- Hatchback Body Style: In addition to the Civic Coupe and Civic Sedan, Honda is adding a hatchback body style that will play host to the Civic Type-R.
- LED Headlights: The new concept car has bright LED headlights on either side of a “Flying H” style Honda grille.
- Honda Sensing Safety: Honda’s new advanced safety technology will be available on the new Civic, incorporating features like a multi-angle rearview camera, lane departure and forward collision warnings, and more.
- Return of the Civic Si: While the Type-R is exciting performance drivers, don’t think that the Civic Si is going away; Honda has announced that the vehicle will return for the new model year as well.
This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as the new Civic is concerned, but it’s all we have to go on right now. Rest assured that when we get the specs of that new 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder or the full list of features on the new Civic, we’ll be sharing them with you.
Contact Bosak Honda Michigan City for More
We’ve said all we have to say about the new Honda Civic concept, but if you’re curious what it means for the future of the model or when we’ll see the Civic Type-R on the streets of Michigan City, the best thing you can do is contact the sales team here at Bosak Honda Michigan City and ask us for the latest.